ABC marinas offer a standard engine service where we will perform multiple checks and replace various things for new. Below is an outline on the services we offer.
200 Hour Service
For a standard service we will do the following:
When your engine is stopped
- Check prop shaft for freedom of movement
- Check stern tube for leaks
- Thoroughly check engine space for leaks, loose fastenings and general condition
- Check engine mounts
- Check control cables
- Check condition and tension of alternator drive belt(s)
- Check security of alternator mounting and wiring
- Check security of wiring harness and for evidence of chaffing
- Check for evidence of exhaust leaks and condition of lagging
- Check security of engine hoses and for evidence of chaffing
Start engine and run to operating temperature
- Check instrument panel readings and warning light operation.
- Check output of alternator (at least 14.2volts)
- Change engine oil
- Change engine oil filter
- Check air filter (replace if required)
- Check and if necessary drain water from fuel pre-filter
- Check gearbox oil level
- Check level and strength of antifreeze is at least 35%, top up as necessary
- Check battery voltages and electrolyte levels in any maintainable batteries
- Check security of battery connections and remove any corrosion from terminals
- Fill stern tube greaser and take up slack in stern gland, repack if required
- Clean engine bilges and remove any liquids from area between engine bearers
- Lubricate ignition switch
- Check engine control functions correctly and that gear engages smoothly.
- Check engine runs smoothly through the rev range with no excessive vibration.
- Visually check for any leaks whilst engine is running.
- Stop engine, check fuel rack solenoid functions correctly.
- Re check engine oil level top up if required.
- Place new oil absorbent pads under the engine.
- Record engine running hours.
- Thoroughly clean all deck areas and deck drains.